April 11, 2009

sleepysleepysleepynap



I can't seem to stop taking pictures of sunrises/sunsets. This was the view out my window sometime last week; it looked like an extremely slow explosion was happening somewhere out over Flushing Bay.



I'm at my parents' house for Easter. (It might never stop being weird to say "my parents' house.") Last night when I got home, my dog ran to the door all wiggly to meet me with my mom right on her tail, paper towel in hand, because somehow there was a big blob of yogurt between Maggie's shoulder blades. Today the fur is standing straight up like a mohawk, or like she's really pissed. She is so awesome. 

My sister's still at school, so I have to entertain myself. We used to have a tradition of sneaking out of Easter dinner early to go see a really terrible movie (this year I absolutely would have dragged her to Hannah Montana: The Movie). But everything is out of whack this year. Easter dinner is today, just me, M, & D, and I'm probably going to fall asleep on the couch watching Brideshead Revisited somewhere around 9 o'clock. 

But it's totally worth it because I made carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and with Amy gone I can have thirds and fourths and fifths until I collapse. 

(Get it? Carrot cake? Har har har har.)

No comments: