April 8, 2009

April snow showers

It's been snowing on-and-off all morning, which isn't utterly unusual for early April I guess, but it's certainly unwelcome. Easter is supposed to be about spring. And it's on Sunday. Get with it.

Last night two Sarahs and I went to Pacific Standard for some beer and fiction, a blue ribbon combination, let me tell you. I was about to order my silly wheat beer ("spicy with a hint of banana," said the menu) when I realized that I knew one of the guys sitting at the bar from MySpace. MySpace! (In my head I was going, Whaaaaaa?) Of course I had never met him, and of course I said nothing to him, but it felt slightly like finding a needle in a haystack, which is to say rewarding in a strange, small-world sort of way.

So that was my outing for the week. Quota met. Tonight I do laundry and buy jelly beans at CVS and cook some penne with feta and olives. It's a big night. I like Wednesdays.

No comments: