March 25, 2009

Stealth & Audacity

Also, a list.

On my nightstand:
  • Oranges by John McPhee
  • 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
  • the April issue of Harper's Bazaar which my aunt gave me after she was done with it
  • Otherwise by Jane Kenyon

Am currently loving:

  • the weather
  • apricot everything
  • my lunchtime strolls
  • collecting cafes, one for each day of the week

What inspires you about spring?

  • the fact that it's still sunny when I get off the subway after work
  • the small cemetery in my neighborhood that's full of headstones from the 1730s and how it's always the first place that flowers bloom

What are three constants in your day?

  • a cup of tea while I put on my makeup
  • eating an apple with my lunch
  • reading before bed

Three dishes you find yourself cooking over and over:

  • roasted red potatoes with rosemary
  • Irish soda bread
  • chickpea salad

These questions came from This Joy + Ride, which is pretty gold star if you ask me.

1 comment:

transient thieves said...

One of my constants is a cup of tea while I get dressed.