January 24, 2008

The past few days at work have sent me into an existential funk, the worst of all the funks. I get this way once a month or so.

Those are utterly awful days.

I'm trying to focus on the positive.

In other news, ran into Alexandra Delyle on the subway at 8:30 in the morning yesterday. Felt a firm, comforting hand on my shoulder and turned to see those familiar dark-rimmed glasses. Was slightly stunned (mostly because it was 8:30), but delighted, as always. Hey Alex!

Thursday is one of my tutoring nights. Julia and I work on her "high frequency words," which are basically flash cards with the basics: you, it, they, where, etc. She keeps it interesting by telling a story with the words. "FATHER, I'm down HERE, injured! My FRIEND is in the orphanage. She DOES want to come over, because I'm injured. There is NEVER any hope." It was all very Thomas Hardy. Julia of the d'Urbervilles.

You're a part-time lover and a full-time friend. The monkey on your back is the latest trend.

No comments: