March 28, 2009

Pigeonholed

As it turns out, there was an option e) I was the only former student there, and there were skits with rolling backpacks. Many people told me I look like my mother, which is one of those ambiguous comments like, "You cut your hair!" that I'm never sure if it's a compliment or a sort of apology.

There was a sheet cake, though, with strawberries in the middle, so it ended on a high note for sure.

And now I'm at home, and my mother has absconded with the only car, and there are three carpenters climbing all over the windows replacing sills and vents and whatnot, and I'm trapped! And Maggie is having a panic attack and panting and generally being an underfoot.

I have heaps of reading. Oof. I can't stop thinking of my dream last night: I had perfect bangs that were the perfect length and they were well behaved and lay perfectly flat and I was so completely happy. That was the whole dream. 

It's the simple things in life.

Ohhh, I just want to go for a walk but there are strange men all over the outside of my house. Trapped! 

No comments: