August 5, 2008

There's a falcon or some small hawk living on the ledge above my office window. I've only ever seen it flying back, and sometimes I don't notice it until the last possible moment and it seems like it just appeared, like it flew through a break in the sky.

Today I:

-used my 100% pure all natural mascara that smells like fruit.

-accidentally knocked the pyrex measuring pitcher out of the cabinet when I was reaching for the tea bags and it fell into the dish drain and SHATTERED a bowl to SMITHEREENS, which I then had to sweep up and seek out with a damp paper towel. The pyrex was fine.

-did some work.

-ate my tin-foil-wrapped lunch in the park, with my book, which I'm sad to see ending.

-read almost the entire issue of NY Magazine with Madonna's freaky face on the cover (my boss is on vacation this wk, so I borrow his mags; tomorrow it's The NY'er), and then came home to find my first issue of NY Magazine waiting for me! Belated birthday gifts are grand.

-ALSO got my first ever invitation to a wedding, meaning addressed to me and not 'the family.' It has a silver Claddagh ring and an Irish wedding blessing on it. Made me think of 'Wedding Crashers':

Seamus O'Toole. 
Bobby O'Shea.
I'm ready to get drunnnnk.

The wedding is three days before my sister's 21st birthday. O, irony. What impeccable timing you have.

Good night, chickadees.


No comments: