May 29, 2008

I really am doing an utterly fall-down job on this thing, huh?

Resolution: do better.

Just now I ate my lunch in the park because it's GORGEOUS, and I finished my apple and didn't want to get up to throw it out and lose my prime real estate seat in the shade, so I put it on the ground next to my foot and kept reading. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a squirrel slink under my bench, but didn't think much of it. Then bang-zoom! he scampered across the sidewalk with my apple core in his sharp little mouth! I'll probably get rabies, but he saved me a trip to the trash, so I say good outweighs the bad in this instance.

Everybody's at lunch so I can do this at my desk without minimizing the screen every 45 seconds. Feels luxurious and deviant. I wish more things in my life were luxurious and deviant.

No comments: